Today’s Top News:
- Surgery was yesterday. I’m sore, but excited that I’m fixed and the six week countdown can commence. I’ll be able to run again on February 17th. Can’t wait! The plan is to start out running 4 days a week and increasing weekly mileage by 10%. Official training fro Berlin will begin in May.
- We went to Disney for a couple days last week. It was a last minute decision (again.) This time B came with- yay! I love this picture:
- I was chosen to be an ambassador for Garmin. Exciting stuff. I think everyone knows how much I love Garmin? Click here to see the blog post I wrote for them. Click here to see more love for Garmin and their software, Garmin Connect.
- I just had to put down a deposit for the Antartica Marathon in March of 2018. Eek! So exciting. So nerve-racking being so far from the kids. My last Continent will be Africa in 2019 and we’ll be bringing the kids to that one.
- I can’t begin to explain the relief I feel now that I tapped out of the “must get faster” race. There is not doubt in my mind that if I wanted to, and worked hard enough, I could run a 3:35 and make it to Boston. However, hard work means sacrifice in other areas of life and those sacrifices I’m not quite ready to make. I have a family and they are more important. Even though my kids are getting older, I feel like their need of me is just the same, if not more, than it was when they were little.
Let me leave you with this video because I love Jason Derulo and when Posey and I saw it for the first time, we started dancing involuntarily. I love music videos that kids can watch too. Add it to your playlist if you like to dance run (that’s a thing.)