- Pretty sure the radio station was playing this for me the other night. During the NYC marathon two years ago, As soon as I got off the bridge and ran into Harlem, I heard this song blaring from the streets with the spectators singing and cheering. It was one of the most magical moments in my running memory bank. You guys. It really is the best race!
- Posey and Lou had a dance performance the other night at a local Trunk or Treat. They did so well! (No, that’s not her real hair.)
- Flu shots for all of the Harrises! (Why are my kids always so rowdy at the doctor’s office?? I snapped this during a calm moment.)
- Followed by donuts. Duh.
- Lou is just in it for the chocolate. I get it, Lou. I get it.
- Carved some pumpkins with Scott, Rach, Duke and Boss and their family on Sunday. B did pretty much all of the carving. He’s a really good sport.
- Packing for the kids has become quite the task (sorry for no post yesterday!) My kids had ZERO cold-weather clothes that fit (#AZproblems) AND trying to get their costumes complete- it’s a ton of work! Today I worked on Lou’s costume. Can you guess what she’s going to be?? (Clue: it’s NYC themed.)
- I made this little photo album of all the kids’ Halloween costumes through the years (just used a dollar store photo album.) I’ll put it in my bag of tricks that I’ll bring on the airplane. I think they’re gonna love looking at it. Also in my bag of tricks: Target dollar section puzzles, craft kits, coloring books, Crayola Color Wonder kits. As far as the plane ride goes, my boys will LOVE 6 hours of iPod time. My girls are extremely antsy and the plane ride should be all kinds of interesting!
- I recently discovered these Gu’s and I am using them for the NYC Marathon. I must’ve bought them at an expo when I stocked up (they’re cheaper at expo’s) because I randomly grabbed it out of my “running supplements” bin in my pantry to use during last week’s 15 miler. The flavor is perfect- not overly sweet. And conveniently available with Amazon Prime (click here.)
- Today is B’s birthday. I adore this man so much. Read more about B here, here, and here. Growing old with him is a fun. Growing old with him is a privilege I don’t take for granted. And I take full responsibility for his salt and pepper sideburns 😉
NYC is sure to be a blast!! The chaos I’m experiencing right now will be worth it and then some!!