1. Lou is a nightmare to put to bed. She’s the baby so naturally she gets away with much more than any other, but it was getting soooo out of hand- not going to bed and then getting up a thousand times in the night, then the above picture would happen- she falls asleep in the car on the way to Trader Joe’s. So I decided something needed to be done. Enter the sticker chart. One sticker for each night she goes to bed without coming out of her room and staying in there all night long. 5 stickers and she gets to go to the Phoenix Children’s museum- her favorite place. The first night she went sticker-less, but did way better than usual. Happy to report that each night since, she has earned a sticker and today is headed to the museum with Dad. Thank you sticker chart!
But B says, “we have too much going on to get a dog right now.” Yet, he texted me this picture yesterday begging me for a monkey (he had one growing up. I know- so random.) So we can’t get a dog, but a baby monkey we can? Please.
3. We’ve been spending a lot of time lately at the ball fields watching our boys. I absolutely love it. I grew up on Little League fields because of my talented baseball playing brother, so I feel right at home under these lights. Cash struggles with anxiety when he’s at bat, but we’re working on it. Connor clearly has a natural talent for it (he hasn’t played since Tball!) and he loves it all. He has had so many good catches this season. Being a baseball mom is the best.
4. I’ve spent a lot of time on the Spoonflower website lately. I’m adding wallpaper to a handful of spots in my house and I’m having so much fun looking! I love wallpaper. I think it adds so much character. Did you know my mom wallpapered houses for a living? If I was sick and couldn’t go to school she’d take me with her and I’d lay by her ladder and watch her sweat and work so hard.
For Lou’s room I think I want something floral. For my craft room turned office, I’m thinking something black and white. Advice please!
5. I’ve figured out that I get nothing done when I feel like my clothes are too nice to move in! And since things always seem to be crazy (things will eventually slow down right??) that means comfortable clothes. I save the nice stuff for date nights, church, and the occasional lunch date. There’s lots going on this weekend so here’s what you’ll find me in: my white Old Navy Vintage tee, black Zella tights, a plaid shirt around my waist, and my white Converse. It’s definitely my momiform.
6. B is lecturing in Chicago next weekend so I’m tagging along. I love that city!! We’ve been a few times, but is there anything that we may have missed that we need to do?