Today Brian and I are headed to Breckenridge, Colorado to ski (he will snowboard) and spend time with friends. We do it every year around Valentine’s Day. We always have a blast.This morning I got in one last run this morning- 10 miles of .5 mile sprints, and will only have one run left for the week to do in Colorado. Should I be a brave Arizona girl and run out in the cold or stick to the hotel treadmill?? What do you think?
Thought I’d share with you what I always pack when I travel… and what I like to have in my pockets when I ski.
These snacks are in my tote for my flight today, get them all at Whole Foods: Skinny Pop (I always have popcorn with me when I travel), Newman’s Own Sour Apple licorice (My friend Kara from Henry Mack introduced me to this licorice last summer and I’m so in love), Peanut Butter Chocolate Kind bar, Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Also in my carry-on: recent magazines- Runner’s World (Have you seen Posey and me on page 12 yet??), Women’s Running, Us, People, Lucky, People Stylewatch), and of course my iPad.
I will put a handful of the Trader Joe’s Happy Trekking Trail Mix in a sandwich bag and keep it in my pocket for snacking while we ski.
Here are the rest of the items in my carry-on and some other additional items I could not visit the snow without:
1. The Cool Impossible: I really like it so far.
2. North Face Thermoball: Its lightweight but so warm and easy to pack.
3. MZ Wallace Large Metro Tote: The perfect shape and weighs nothing.
4. Rosebud Salve: to keep in my pockets for dry knuckles and lips.
5. Fuchsia Mirror Aviators: New sunglasses I’m obsessed with.
6. Parrot Zik White/Gold Headphones: Best travel headphones. Ever.
7. GoPro Hero: To capture pictures on the chairlift and following B down the mountain.
8. Lululemon Wunder Under tights: I wear these under my ski pants. Love the full-on Luon.
9. PCA sunscreen: lightweight sunscreen for my face.
10. Sorel snow boots: The color I have are sold out, but these are the same. They are so comfy and warm.
11. Lululemon Think Fast Long Sleeve: I’ll wear this under my ski jacket. It’s comfy, and warm but breathable.